The pipe band began in 1913 with a small group of Scottish immigrants as the Caledonian Society getting together to play the music they loved.
In 1926 another band was officially formed under the name Oakey Park Pipe Band. In May 1928 the Oakey Park Pipe Band was affiliated with the Caledonian Society. From band records, it appears that the band was not properly fitted out at the time of affiliation. After enquiries about Hunting Stewart and Black Watch Tartans, a motion was moved for the Royal Stewart Tartan
1936 saw another change of name to the Scots Burns Club Pipe Band, and in 1953, changed again to the Lithgow Highland Pipe Band
Made with Mobirise Offline Web Maker